March 24, 2006

23 March - Down the Years.

23 March 2002, Saturday: Those were the days I was living in Chennai. I wake up early in the morning. My room mate was still sleeping. I make a sudden decision to go to Mahabalipuram. People always talked a lot about it, and I thought I will see myself. I catch a bus in Thiruvanmiyur and go there. Spent the whole day there, and had a pretty good time. Enjoyed all the old temples, sculptures. It was also my only experience of seeing people actually doing some sculpturing.

23 March 2003, Sunday: I make a quick trip home (from Chennai) to catch the world cup final with family. All of us are very excited with India's great run after a poor start and were very hopeful of becoming the world champions. Of course, Man proposes, God disposes.

23 March 2004, Tuesday: The scene shifts to Boston. Day starts with a false alarm for fire and we run out (without shoes, jacket) and spend 30 minutes in the bitterly cold morning. Eventually make it to safety of inside. In the evening we go to Udipi Bhavan in Framingham.

23 March 2005, Wednesday: Again in Boston. In the afternoon leave for New York in a China Town bus. It was a snowy day in New York. Spend lot of time in a Starbucks and then make our way to Strand Bookstore. That was am amazing bookstore and can keep you engaged for hours. Late that night we go to New Jersey. That brings the number of states we passed that day to four (including Connecticut).

23 March 2006, Thursday: In Columbia, Missouri. I Spend the day in a very routine manner. Teach in the afternoon for an hour. From the evening till late into night I work. The said work consists of reading, thinking, and writing. In short, research.

It is natural to wonder at this point: why 23 March? Because it is the birthday of yours truly. I am 25 now!

4 Comments:

At 3:10 AM, March 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful year ahead. And may you blog about new things and expose us readers to newer and newer perspectives.

 
At 4:51 AM, March 25, 2006, Blogger Krishna said...

Chetan, thanks very much for your greeting and wishes.

 
At 5:16 PM, March 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated happy birthday! Missed it on the original date.

 
At 7:07 PM, March 26, 2006, Blogger Krishna said...

Thanks, Pratyush.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]